What information do we collect?
When you contact E.ON Energy Installation Services, either by filling in forms on our website, corresponding with us by phone, email, during a home energy efficiency assessment completed by our Home Energy Expert, entering competitions, or surveys, we’ll need to gather personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address, postal address and proof of identity.
We’ll then store this information securely in our customer relationship management system, so it can’t be read by anyone who doesn’t need to see it.
We’ll only keep it for as long as we need to and use it for the purpose its intended.
During the Home Energy Efficiency Assessment visit we may also need to collect further information about your; energy usage, heating system, usage of the property, number of people living in the property, age of the property, construction of the property and whether you are the property homeowner.
By using our services (including our website), you’re allowing us to collect and use the information you give us for the purposes it was intended. If you want to be introduced to our finance partner, we will ask for your permission to share your details with Barclays Partner Finance.
How we keep your information safe?
Your privacy is important to us, we endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
When completing online website forms our pages are secure, which means all the personal details you type in are encrypted before they’re sent to us.
E.ON Energy Installation Services then stores this information securely, so it can’t be read by anyone who doesn’t need to see it.
We may from time to time need to share your details with third parties (see below for more details) where we do so all information shared is via a secure portal and in line with the Data Protection Act.
Use of your data
We will collect and store your information for the purpose of:
- processing enquires
- booking assessments
- carrying out your Home Energy Efficiency Assessment to collect information to
- produce your “Home Energy Efficiency Report’ and
- delivering your installations.
If you’ve told us we can, we’ll also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about new services from us and other companies within the E.ON group and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
You acknowledge and agree that for the purpose of providing you services, occasionally, E.ON Energy Installation Services may need to share your details with:
- our employees, agents and sub-contractors
- any governmental, regulatory or local authority;
- debt collection agencies and other organisations involved with debt
- installation sub-contractors,
- credit reference agencies (CRA) to carry out credit reference checks, to process your job.
- If you apply for ECO Affordable Warmth funded measures, we’ll ask you if you’re happy for us to share your name and address with the Energy Saving Trust and with the Department for Work and Pensions to confirm whether you’re entitled to the assistance. This means you won’t need to provide evidence of eligibility yourself. All information shared with the Energy Saving Trust and the Department for Work and Pensions is via a secure portal and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- When introducing you to the different Finance options we will need to share your details with our finance lender, Barclays Partner Finance to enable you to identify whether you are eligible for finance.
- We sometimes use other companies and organisations (third parties) to process personal information for us. Personal data will be processed on our behalf insofar as necessary for the provision of goods and/or services.
- In addition to the above we may share your data with other group companies (including but not limited to E.ON Energy Solutions Limited and E.ON UK plc) for marketing purposes.
- If You do not wish for your personal data to be shared in accordance with this term you may tell us of your option to opt out by phoning Us on 0800 0546 250 or sending Us written notice to E.ON Energy Installation Services, Floor 3, Greenwood House, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8TT or at EONInstallationservices@eonenergy.com
We won’t share your personal data with organisations outside of the E.ON group for marketing, unless You’ve agreed.
You may find links to the third party websites on our website. We’re not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. This policy only applies to what’s on the E.ON Installation Services website only.
Changes to this Policy
You can get a copy of the personal data we hold about you, though we might charge you unless the law says we can’t.
If you think any of the information we hold about you is wrong or out of date, let us know as soon as possible so we can update it. To do this, or find out more, email: EONInstallationservices@eonenergy.com